For the past month,
Landyn and I have been living with my mom and grandma.
With all the craziness going down on the home front,
I needed to figure things out in my head before I committed to an over priced apartment in southern California.
It’s scary being on your own.
Going from total security to being forced to become self sufficient.
But that was the choice I made.
A beach day makes for the perfect escape
My mom and grandma live in a 2 bedroom apartment, which doesn’t leave for much SPACE.
As you can imagine, it’s tight quarters.
But I am a better person for it.
What I’ve learned:
1. Living out of a suitcase makes my OCD kick into overdrive.
2. You have yourself a selfless momma when she gives up her bed and sleeps on the couch.
3. I’ve become a PRO at breaking down and setting up the ol’ pack and play.
(we switch rooms for nap time and bedtime)
4. I owe my mom and grandma all new home decor because I am fairly confident Landyn has broken just about every vase and stained every part of my moms white couch.
5. Landyn’s once QUIET and serene sleeping space can be taken away and life STILL goes on.
6. Little dogs and kids are a bad combination.
7. Four girls sharing one bathroom makes things INTERESTING…not to mention it takes me back to my college days.
8. You learn fast how much easier a child proofed house really does make your life.
9. Patience is a virtue. I have found myself praying for it DAILY.
10. You are NEVER to old to need your momma.
While this situation isn’t ideal, it works for now.
I feel at home. Safe. Loved.
There’s nothing more we need.