After moving last year and leaving my little craft workshop behind, I decided to pack away all things crafty in hopes for less clutter and more space.
In turn, this led to a complete craft strike on my part, because when things are packed away, the effort alone of bringing it all back out is a daunting task.
After reflecting on where I best express myself with this blog, I realized that in addition to my words and personal style, I really miss expressing my creativity in the form of DIY projects.
So I brought out the tubs this past weekend and Landyn and I got our craft on. Can I tell you how fun it is to have a little assistant? Landyn adored making these Valentine bird feeders and keeps stepping outside to see if the birds have visited her treat. If you have older kids, you can even draw sketches or keep a written journal of the different types of birds that visit.
Here’s what you’ll need:
* Add birdseed to gelatin mixture.
* Line a baking sheet with birdseed mixture (will be approx 1/2″ deep).
* Firmly pat mixture with a flat surface until compact.
* For each cut out, place looped twine on top center of heart.
* Place cookie cutter back on cut out and fill cookie cutter to the top with excess birdseed mixture.
* Again, firmly pat mixture with a flat surface until compact.
After a few hours, gently unmold each heart and let dry completely before hanging.
Tie some festive ribbon and watch your feathered friends enjoy.
LeeLaLa is on: