I started a new tradition with Landyn this year. Each year, the Friday after Thanksgiving we would have a mommy/daughter craft day and make “hand print” ornaments. I think it will be so fun to see how much she’s grown over the years. So today I wanted to share with you a DIY tutorial of hand print ornaments you to can do with your little ones. Enjoy!
4 cups of flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups of water
Clear polyurethane spray
ribbon or twine
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
2. Mix your dough: 4 c flour, 1 1/2 c water, 1 c salt. Stir well until reaches a workable consistency.
3. roll your dough about 1/2 inch think with a rolling pin
4. Place your little hand directly into the dough to create an imprint
5. Using a butter knife, cut around the prints. Remove and place onto a cookie sheet **note, the dough might stick to the surface beneath it so you can gently slide butter knife under to help lift your prints**
6. using a skewer, poke a small hole into the top.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes
6. Allow to cool completely before decorating. Use paints, glitter, etc to jazz them up! Finish off with a coat of clear polyurethane spray to preserve them.
7. String your ornaments with string or twine. Hang on the Christmas tree for years to come!!